• Good understanding of 5G SA, NSA, and VoNR/IMS technologies.
• Thorough knowledge of 5G Non-Access Stratum (NAS) and Access Stratum (AS) protocols including
RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC, PHY layers, and related 3GPP standards (Rel 15 and above).
• Good understanding of IMS Profiles IR.92 and IR.94 for Voice, SMS and Video over 5G NR/LTE/WiFi.
• Experience in 3GPP 5G-NR Radio Conformance, Protocol Conformance and Radio Resource
Management testing of devices.
• Experience in Device Inter-Operability Testing (IOT) with Operator Network including both Lab and
• Hands-on testing experience and good troubleshooting skills of 5G devices including Outdoor CPEs,
MiFi Routers and Phones.
• Good hands-on with performance testing tools like RF Channel Emulator/Fader and technical
understanding of various channel fading profiles, and antenna correlations matrices.
• Good knowledge of advanced features like Beamforming, MIMO, CoMP, Carrier Aggregation,
eMBMS, Location Services, etc.
• Experience in functional and performance testing of Devices including initial attach, service base
handovers, benchmarking of Downlink/Uplink Throughputs, SINR vs BLER/MCS benchmarking, etc.
5G-NR Conformance Test Systems including Radio Conformance Tester, Protocol Conformance Tester, Radio
Resource Management Tester from Rohde & Schwarz/Anritsu/Keysight, Spirent/Azimuth RF Channel
Emulator, Wireshark, Spirent Quantum, Spirent iTest, IBM Rational CLM, Device Diagnostic tools from
Qualcomm (QXDM, QCAT), Mediatek, Spreadtrum, Intel, Sequans and Altair.