Wi-Fi calls are a great alternative to cellular calls. You don’t need a device containing a SIM card, nor be close to a cellular mobile network tower or can even stay in No Service area, to make a phone call, when you are connected to a Wi-fi .
Wi-Fi Calling is a High Definition (HD) voice service that makes use of a High-Speed Internet connection to let you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network. The ability to patch a call using a Wi-Fi connection instead of a cellular one has been around for years, with Skype being one of oldest and most popular apps to do so. Wi-Fi itself operates on a series of standards established by the IEEE and the Wi-Fi Alliance. Wi-Fi calling gives you the chance to make phone calls using a wireless internet connection. It doesn’t go through a traditional telecommunications provider like AT&T, Telia, T-Mobile, Airtel or Verizon, it uses VoIP calls in a way that is optimized for battery life and the user experience.
When you use Wi-Fi calling you won’t be using your carrier’s network connection as you are going to make voice calls through the Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi calling hinges on a technology called SIP/IMS (IP Multimedia Subset), a technology that lets your phone make and receive phone calls using a regular Wi-Fi network. For Wi-Fi calling you can use the Wi-Fi connection at the hotel, home, office or even a free/paid Wi-Fi hotspot. If your device supports Wi-Fi calling, enable Wi-Fi calling option and you can make and receive calls from area with no coverage.
First make sure your device and operator supports Wi-Fi calling:
You can enable Wi-Fi calling in your device in two ways.
1.Open Dialer > Open carrier call settings > If Wi-Fi call option is present, turn on the option.
2.Open Settings > Mobile network > Sim card > If Wi-Fi call option is present, turn on the option
Now Connect your phone with any Wi-Fi connection and wait sometime to register with Wi-Fi connection. If connection establish successfully it will show Vo-Wi-Fi in the notification bar. And your device is prepared to make and receive Wi-Fi calls.
Wi-Fi calls are a great alternative to cellular calls. You don’t need a device containing a SIM card, nor be close to a cellular mobile network transmitter to make a phone call:
· Wi-Fi calling allows you to speak to people with the best possible voice transmission quality even when network connection is slow or there is no mobile network present. For Wi-Fi calling you just need an internet connection connected through Wi-fi. In the other hand for cellular data connection you need cellular tower.
· For Wi-Fi connection as your device does not search for cellular network continuously to connect with the network battery consumption will be significantly low.
· Wi-Fi can have slower connection than cellular data.
· Voice quality and video call quality can be sacrificed if many people use the same Wi-Fi network at a same time.
· Wi-Fi calling is that which can be subjected to disruptions from your network among other VoIP problems.
· Does not require any third-party application. You can directly call using your device’s default dialler.
· Wi-Fi calling does not waste mobile data.
· Wi-Fi calling does not use talk time minutes
· Wi-Fi calling has much higher and clear sound
· Wi-Fi calling can be access where there is no cellular tower.
Since in recent times Wi-Fi calling has become an important feature of most of the devices, it is necessary to make sure that it works properly in the devices. So being an Industry leader in the testing sector, Marquistech offers Wi-Fi calling testing (through user ecntric and technical aspects) by our knowledgeable and experienced professionals who have been doing it since inception in several countries with several operators and OEMs around the world. By our years of experience, we perform our own Wi-Fi related critical test cases or work on the test cases provided by clients and provide the necessary analytic and issue resolutions.